Wherever you fish in England and Wales, you must possess a valid Environment Agency rod licence. There are two types: non-migratory trout and coarse or the  salmon and sea trout licence. A 12-month licence costs from £30 and a one-day licence from £6. Licences are free for juniors aged between 12 and 16 and children under 12 do not require one.  You should also buy a ticket for the place you’re fishing. You can buy a licence online at www.gov.uk/fishing-licences or at  the local post office. In Scotland licences are only required on certain rivers (see  www.gov.scot) and in Northern Ireland there is a separate licence (see www.nidirect.gov.uk)

Source: The Camping and Caravanning Club (UK)