News

All news

Carbon monoxide warning


Date: 17/06/2013
Source: Camping & Caravanning(GB)

Campers are reminded of the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Campers should be warned of the dangers of the colourless, odourless gas, which is produced by all charcoal barbecues and other gas and similar appliances that do not burn their fuel completely.
It is recommended that all gas appliances in caravans and motorhomes are served regularly by a suitable qualified person. Charcoal barbecues must never be taken inside including into a tent or awning, as they give off CO when working properly and continue to do so until completely cold.